APTM - Accounts Payable Team Member
St Ives plc is a group of 18 successful and dynamic marketing and print services businesses that combine capabilities to deliver a diverse range of marketing solutions and book publishing services.
We manage our business in two distinct segments:
Our Marketing Services segment is organised around four key pillars: Data Marketing, Digital Marketing, Consultancy Services and Field Marketing.
Our Print Services segment comprises two customer offerings: Marketing Print, comprising of our Exhibitions and Events business, our Point-of-Sale (POS) specialist and our Print Management business and Books.
ST IVES SHARED SERVICE CENTRE
The St Ives Shared Service Centre (“SISSC”) was formed in October 2012 with the aim of providing efficient and effective accounting solutions to the St Ives Group. We do this by:
• Sharing knowledge
• Providing a flexible resource
• Creating a robust controls environment
• Understanding customer needs, and
• Continually improving the way we do things.
The services that we provide include accounts payable, credit and collections, billing and general ledger accounting.
The AP Team Member is responsible for processing a high volume of AP Invoices including invoice discrepancy resolution, supplier queries and undertaking supplier reconciliations.
The role will primarily be focused on a specific St Ives division; however, the AP Team Member must be flexible enough to work across other divisions as required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
INVOICE DISCREPANCY HANDLING
• Liaise with purchase order raisers to process price or quantity discrepancies
• Follow up goods in teams to ensure ‘goods receipt notes’ are processed
• Investigate Credit Notes
• Reject Invoices that do not quote a valid PO Number, are PO Complete or PO Wrong Supplier
• Check invoices for there are multiple receipt lines
• Review accounting accuracy for posted purchase invoices
• Update Management Information Systems as necessary with purchase invoice values
• Scan invoices into ReadSoft scanning software when required
• Verify each scanned invoice in order to create a logged invoice in the Epicor Finance System
• Review automatically matched invoice processing groups
• Propose invoice payment schedules
• Undertake monthly supplier statement reconciliations
• Other ad hoc duties as directed by the AP Team Leader
• General Accounts Payable knowledge
• Prior experience in a high volume accounts payable team
• Pro-active and Action-Oriented attitude
• Ethics & Values
• Ability to multi-task
• Demonstrates urgency when dealing with customer issues
• Team work – cooperates and works well with others in pursuit of team goals
• Microsoft Excel Intermediate
• Shared Service Centre experience
• Epicor ERP System experience
• Readsoft OCR scanning software experience
• Strong communicator
• Flexible team player
• Motivational and positive attitude
• Adaptable and can use initiative
• Prepared to listen and take ideas from all potential sources
Your application will be reviewed directly by the employer and they will contact you should they wish to progress with your application.
This job has now been closed.
- Ref: APTM
- Salary: Very Competetive
- Location: Redditch
- Close: 6th June 2017