FAAPTDEB - Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable Trade
At Debenhams, the passion and ambition of our people has been shaping who we are for more than 200 years.
Debenhams is a major employer with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and growing the very best talent in the industry. We are constantly expanding in the UK, internationally and online and need the best talent to help us achieve our goals.
Everyone is someone at Debenhams, who will you be?
• Role Holder is responsible for processing Trade invoices for payment to agreed terms, ensuring all invoices are compliant to Debenhams supplier terms.
• Role Holder will be responsible for maintaining good working relationships with an assigned group of suppliers.
• Role Holder will provide an efficient and effective customer service to all internal and external customers.
• Communicate issues & escalate with Assistant Team Leader (ATL) as appropriate.
• Ensure that Trade Invoices for the Nominated Division are matched on a timely basis, investigating price and unit queries in order to minimize loss to the business and pay suppliers as per agreed terms.
• Liaise with Stores/Distribution Centres on all queries relating to the receipt process, ensuring that stock is recorded accurately.
• Support the team during busy periods, ensuring that all Invoices are matched and paid per Supplier terms, protecting discount and maintaining Supplier relationships.
• First line support for emails and telephone queries
• Acting as key contact for nominated divisions and the associated suppliers- managing the supplier relationship and internal support
• Manage “Trade Enquiries” Mailbox for the nominated Division to ensure emails are processed efficiently to agreed SLA’s
• Problem Accounts-where appropriate support the contract owner in resolving issues
• Reconcile Trade Supplier Invoices for the nominated Division, ensuring that the business has received accurate stock, at the negotiated price, using AS400 REX Systems. This will involve liaising with Stores, Buying & Merchandising, London and Suppliers.
• Support Assistant Team Leader (ATL) & other team members with queries with supplier accounts.
• Cover absence/holidays within the team
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
• Clear, confident and concise verbal and written communicator.
• Enthusiastic team player.
• Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise, ensuring that there are no risks to the business.
• Show initiative whilst adhering to business guidelines.
• Able to build trusting relationships with customers and respond to their needs appropriately
• Team Player
• Good communicator at all levels (Spoken, written & face to face)
• Builds and uses an effective network of contacts
• Ability to prioritise objectives
• Positive professional and enthusiastic nature
• Delivers to timescales
• Good PC Skills, including a variety of Information Systems
• Attention to Detail
Experience & Qualifications
• Previous experience within an AP environment preferable.
• Able to interrogate and analyse data.
• Commercial awareness.
This role is based in our Taunton Support Centre, Bedford House, Park Street, TA1 4DB.
• Competitive salary
• Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Onsite subsidised restaurant
• Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!
Please apply with an updated CV in MS Word format - You will be contacted directly by the employer should they wish to discuss your application.
This job has now been closed.
- Added: 11th April 2017
- Ref: FAAPTDEB
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive - up to 25% discount, 31 days holiday..
- Location: Taunton TA1 4DB
- Close: 7th May 2017