FAAPDEB - Finance Assistant - AP Furniture
For 200 years, the passion and ambition of our people have been making us who we are.
Debenhams offers a wide range of products across womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, lingerie, accessories, health and beauty, homeware and gifts. Including Designers at Debenhams and own product ranges.
Debenhams employs nearly 29,000 people across 240 stores, 28 countries, two UK head offices, and our multiple shopping channels, which seeks to integrate the in-store and online business to give customer’s maximum choice and flexibility in the way that they shop. We have a clear strategy to continually expand the business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full time Finance Assistant within our Support Centre based in Taunton, Somerset.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the internal & external customers of the business, including Buying and Merchandising, Stores, Suppliers & other team members.
• Investigate queries from suppliers regarding their account
• Ensure that Invoices are matched within agreed time, investigating price and unit queries in order to minimize loss to the business and pay suppliers as per agreed terms.
• Comprehend and monitor the Furniture Display Process in Stores
• Communicate issues & escalate with Assistant Team Leader (ATL) as appropriate.
• Support the Assistant Team Leader (ATL) ensuring that the controls around the Invoice payment process are maintained and developed
• Liaise with Stores/Head Office departments to ensure that suppliers are paid per terms in a timely manner.
• Reconcile Supplier invoices ensuring that the business has received accurate stock, at the negotiated price, using information Systems (AS400, REX, CODA and YANTRA). This will involve liaising with Buying & Merchandising, London, Suppliers and Systems.
• Provide an efficient, accurate and timely service to all internal and external customers
• Support Assistant Team Leader (ATL) & other team members with queries with supplier accounts.
• Cover absence/holidays within the team
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
• Clear, confident and concise verbal and written communicator.
• Enthusiastic team player.
• Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise, ensuring that there are no risks to the business.
• Show initiative whilst adhering to business guidelines.
• Able to build trusting relationships with customers and respond to their needs appropriately
• Team Player
• Good communicator at all levels (Spoken, written & face to face)
• Builds and uses an effective network of contacts
• Ability to prioritise objectives
• Positive professional and enthusiastic nature
• Delivers to timescales
• Good PC Skills, including a variety of Information Systems
• Great Attention to Detail
Experience & Qualifications:
• Previous experience within an AP environment preferable.
• Able to interrogate and analyse data.
• Commercial awareness.
• Competitive salary
• 25% discount
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Onsite subsidised restaurant
Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!
Please apply with an updated CV in MS Word format - You will be contacted directly by the employer should they wish to discuss your application.
This job has now been closed.
- Ref: FAAPDEB
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive - 25% discount, 31 days holiday...
- Location: Taunton TA1 4DB
- Close: 7th May 2017