APCWA - Accounts Payable Controller
The APA are currently assisting a leading fashion designer in sourcing suitable candidates for their AP Controller vacancy.
The company is a privately held London based design house offering clothing and accessories. The products are sold through a combination of own stores, concessions, wholesale and online channels. The business is small but reflects all the complexities of a multi-channel retail business with in house design – development process and sub contracted manufacturing processes. The business is going through a period of change, focussed on improving processes and systems, underpinned by a focus on cash management and cost control. The business uses SAP Business One.
Summary of the Role
Working within a team of 4 in finance you will manage the companies Accounts Payable process from start to finish. The role reports to the Financial Controller and at times required to work directly with the Head of Finance. The post holder is responsible for timely invoice payments and processing them on SAP after carrying out the necessary checks. This is an excellent opportunity to further your experience working for a luxury retail brand and gain long term experience.
Detailed Description of Role
1. Processing invoices on SAP
• To input and process the invoices and credit notes on SAP after printing them out from emails, or retrieving the invoices sent by post
• Ensure accurate coding and obtaining authorisation for invoices
• Ensuring correct VAT codes are used for posting the invoices on SAP
2. Day to day banking and weekly cash flow report
• Ensuring the bank book is updated and reconciled on SAP on a daily basis, by posting the payments and receipts in the USD, Euro and GBP bank accounts
• Preparing the weekly cash flow report based on the payments and receipts in the previous week
3. Payment run
• Ensure timely payment runs, within terms, with checks in place
• Ensure that the invoices have been approved for payment
• Preparing the payment batch on banking website before passing it to the Financial controller for approval
• To prioritise workload to ensure that urgent payments are processed quickly and invoice deadlines are met
• To deal with standard payment queries and build up an understanding of specific departmental and supplier payment issues
• To proactively manage the invoices to reduce the number of unpaid invoices held in internal processes
• Send the remittance advice to suppliers after processing the payments.
4. Supplier Reconciliations
• Ensuring timely supplier statement reconciliations
• Escalate complex reconciliation activities and issues to the Financial Controller
5. Manage expense reimbursements
• Manage petty cash, and charge card accounting
• Post these expenses to SAP using correct cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports
Accounts Receivable management
• Ensuring the payments received from customers are allocated correctly against the invoice by checking the remittance advice sent by customer
• Chasing payments for overdue debts, when applicable
• Extracting weekly customer aging report from SAP and sharing with the department heads to ensure timely collection of payments.
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Good standards for written and spoken English
• Good numeracy skills
• Excellent PC proficiency and IT skills, preferably having used an ERP system
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and meet the demands thrown on a small team in a growing business
• Maths and English GCSE Grades A or equivalent
• Preferably studying / training for APA Technician or Manager or AAT Level 2 or higher, or any other accounting qualifications
Please apply with an updated CV in MS Word format.
This job has now been closed.
- Added: 31st March 2017
- Ref: APCWA
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
- Location: London, Kensington, W8
- Close: 28th April 2017